Tuesday 10 August 2010

Ok, as per request, here are some excerps from my olde worlde paper journal. I'm not going to explain anything, just give you it as it is ( or was ).

2.12.04

Elation to deflation in 3 easy steps.

1. Become elated

2. ?!?!?!?

3. Deflation ensues.

6.12.04

...The thing that occured to me was that given my awful memory, by the time I have grandkids I won't remember I was going to tell them! So, I think I should jot down what I can remember now, while my grey matter is still in some sort of working order. Note: this will not be a complete list. Young as I am, I have already started losing my mind - including some memory. Here goes:

*Going the wrong way up a one way street in Cardiff before a Bryan Adams concert in March 2002. Executing a three point turn and then nearly getting bashed by a car on a right turn back to the hotel. Georgia ( names have been changed ) was on the phone - the person she was talking to thought she was pissed. She wasn't!

*Dropping my accent like a lead balloon - Betty's Tearooms, York 2002/03, or so says Georgia. I deny everything, although 'we travel the country' may have been an exaggeration.

*Various auditions in hotels in Leeds for numerous positions in the lesuire, entertainment and retail industries. Juggling? Singing in front of a panel of 3?? YES!!! It's all true, although most of what we said we could do was of course bullshit.

*Accosting a policeman in NYC who then had to tell a patrol car that ' I'm ok, there's no problem here'!!

*All nighter (almost) in a Manchester pub in NYC singing all the way.

*Shouting "Rash? what rash? Oh, that rash. Well, thanks for the cream you kent me. It worked a treat!!" In Waterstones and numerous other establishments in Leeds. To our credit, we weren't thrown out of any of them.

*Santa hat, pointy, tinsel, Harvey Nics, Leeds. When I was meandering through college days.

* Covering the 5th Form toilets in silly string. Last day of school. Plus various food/rubber/books etc fights.

* Polishing various skills of the detective kind through school and uni. NOT stalking. Honest.

* Getting lost on the way back from Wales - took the scenic route on purpose of course.

* Wrong turn from Bristol on the way back to Swindon. Ended up near the bridge in Wales!!Oops!

* London Maida Vale 4 star Hotel, having a meal then walking out without paying. A hand on Gerogia's shoulder as we were about to go through the doors. August 2003.

* Saw Busted at WHS

* Meet Richard Branson, he signed my book

* Being on BBC Radio Wiltshire

*Cardiff cinema. Nachos. Fight. Mess

* Shipwrecked/Big Bro audtion tape of Georgia. Directed and filmed by me!!

* "Where's the Empire State Building?" "That would be the one you just walked past!"

There's lots more. Will add them as I remember them. I miss the good times, I miss the great memories. Exactly how did it all go pear shaped?......

13.12.04

Here is a list of what I want to be when I grow up:
( in no particular order )

*Pilot
*Radio presenter - late night books and films reviewer
*Oranges and lemons orchid owner/grower
*Restaurant owner
*Interior designer
*Architect
*Teacher - then headmaster
*Writer
*Property Developer
*Lecturer
*Chocolate shop/factory owner - a la Willy Wonker
*Ice cream maker

I think that's it. About 7/8 of them are serious ones.


OK, that's the more normal stuff. What comes next, I blame someone else for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment